Sunday, March 12, 2017

While driving to Adams for a visit with my folks, just a bit onto Route 116 in South Deerfield, I noticed a Roadside Memorial.  I notice the effort involved, and sense the loss of a loved one whenever passing these memorials.


Stopped at Perkarski's Sausage and grabbed a few items.  Wonderful spot always worth a visit.

On the way back to Connecticut, I stopped at the Tomb Cemetery on Route 116 in Savoy.  Took the leader into Brown Road, and followed it north and south.  Visited the Staples Graveyard, and explored several of the lengthy stonewalls along the route.



After the run was over, I snapped a few shots of the Tomb Cemetery as well.  The "feeder" trail runs adjacent to the cemetery (just west) heading north along a trail that often doubles as a rocky brook.


Route for the day, with some tie in's from previous efforts.  My total for the day was roughly 4.6-miles.  There are three graveyards along the route that I know of.