Sunday, December 13, 2020

More difficult than normal morning, woken up early for a call-in at work, then leaving to run with Wuzzam on the southern Nipmuck Trail I was stopped on I-84 for twenty-minutes due to the road being closed for repair (it looked like).  Just before I was going to say enough is enough and head back towards home, traffic began moving a bit and I chose to drive through some odd paths to get back toward Mansfield.

Wuzzam had headed out over an hour ahead of me, and since we were doing an out-and-back, I expected to catch him someplace on his return.  I hoped to get to the grist mill site, roughly 2.7-miles, before seeing him, so I ran "hard".  

Passed the grist mill and began the road option up toward fifty-foot, and once passed 3-miles I figured it would be great to get to fifty-foot and 4-miles, so I kept running "hard".

Descending off the small ledge of fifty-foot, I kept my speed up thinking that I may make it to 5-miles before seeing my friend.  Once past that, I figured 6-miles might be possible?

I ran into Wuzzam right at 5.9-miles, which was a 5-mph pace for me.  I went beyond the meeting point and turned so that I ended the entire out-and-back with 12-miles.

Temperature once back at the car for the ride home (actually back to work to address one more issue that arose) was 59-degrees!