Saturday, August 27, 2016

A rewarding and educational trip to Mohawk Trail State Forest to learn from the master, Bob L.  As is normally  the case, I arrived early to take a run prior to the interpretive portion of the day.

My goal was to run up Thumper Mountain via the newest trail that popped up a year or two ago, and take some photos of "The Gateway".

Several pictures of "The Gateway", a fine place for meditation... and an ending with a photo of the top of Thumper Mountain.





In the past, this day witnessed me finishing two marathons.  The first was in 2008 and the second was a year later in 2009.

In 2008, Tippi and finished Metacomet II, which began at Phelps Road in Suffield, and covered north to Route 57 and south to Route 20.  Running time of 5:32:00.  This was my 37th and Tippi's 13th completed marathon.

In 2009, Wuzzam joined Tippi and I at Tunxis II (South), which meant we ran from Route 219 to Satan's Kingdom, and also north to Roberts Brook I believe.  Our time was 6:04:44.  This was my 42nd and Tippi's 15th marathon.