Friday, November 24, 2017

On my return trip back CT after a wonderful visit with my parents, I stopped off at Savoy Mountain State Forest for a 7.6-mile ramble.  Halfway home I stopped in Goshen to take some photographs of the Goshen Tunnel (see Dec 6th entry).

Savoy Mountain State Forest welcome sign at North Pond
10' High Balanced Rock along the North Pond Loop
 Another view of the Balanced Rock along the North Pond Loop
A second balanced rock, smaller in size, along the North Pond Loop
Another view of the second balanced rock along the North Pond Loop
One more view of the balanced rock along the North Pond Loop
 One of my favorite brooks, a tributary of Tower Brook
A perched boulder along the Blackburnian Loop
Another view of the perched boulder along the Blackburnian Loop
Lower Beaver Dam at Lost Pond location (I remember when these did not exist)
Looking west toward Lost Pond, from one of the lower Beaver Dams
Looking North from the South end of Lost Pond
Large Beaver Lodge at Lost Pond
Large Beaver Lodge at Lost Pond
Looking west toward Lost Pond, from one of the lower Beaver Dams
The small stone in front of the larger one is a "rocking stone"
From the "Rocking Stone", I can see Greylock to the West
Just below the summit of Spruce Hill, two sets of windmills are viewable
Looking off Spruce Hill...  My Place of Peace
Cellar Hole along the Busby Trail