Sunday, March 7, 2021

Another trip to Ashfield, as the Hilltown Snowmobile Club Trails have been my focus in 2021.

This time, from the Lake / Ballfield, I planned on making my way to Hodgen / Baily Road (which I tackled on February 20th).  Then, the "alternate" route from near the Lakehouse back up to the trails. 

Pretty much another success, with the "alternate" trail being a bit changed from a decade or more ago, seems a home has been built right about where the middle would have been (I will check old gps data).

The good news is an "alternative" to the old "alternative" exist, and I can use it.

Ended up with 8.5-miles of running without snowshoes on hard-packed trail.  Noticed at least one side-trail that I need to check (I believe I have data for it, and have covered it with Tippi years ago), and another that I need to explore once snow is gone (I know I haven't been on it before).

The big question is whether I am finished with the snowmobile trail running this winter, as Wednesday through Friday are supposed to be in the 60-degree range...