Sunday, May 30, 2021

After a wonderful breakfast of banana pancakes, I drove to Granville to explore the Gorge Trail.  

I was hoping to find a brook crossing that would line up with one of the forest roads I visited Friday.  I saw a nice spot with large rocks most of the way across, out of the water even during this high flow (it's been raining for three straight days).  Best of all, it looks like it matches to one of my intersecting points from Friday's track.

I ended up hiking upstream another quarter-mile or so, looking for an actual "trail" from the other bank but nothing appeared.  Scrambled up the bank to Route 57 and heading back to the parking area, with 1-mile in.

Crossed the road and started up Sodom Mountain, to make another attempt at learning the array of trails in this large wooded area.  The ATV/Motorcycle trails are pretty abundant, and I stuck to main wide paths today.  The rain began to really pour down about half-way out, so once I hit a final decent spot I could remember I turned back with 3-miles on this section, for a total of 4-miles for the day.

More exploring is in order, both sides of Route 57.

And on this day...

McLean Game Refuge & Holcomb Farm Marathon
May 30th, 2009 - Granby & Simsbury, Connecticut

Wuzzam and I completed a McClean Reservation Marathon in roughly five hours.   

This was my 41st marathon completed.  I recall it being a fairly easy day for us.