Saturday, October 9, 2021

2021 Unsupported Trail Race Fall Challenge #3

Tunxis Trail "Burlington Great Loop" 27K Trail Run (16.8-Miles)

I have hoped to make this awesome loop a yearly ritual, and today I made it happen for at least the second year running.  Excellent running weather, right in the low-sixties and overcast.  Only a few moments of bright sun throughout the entire time in the forest.

  • The Wall
  • Hemenway Lookout
  • Mile of Ledges
  • Bear's Den
  • The Tory Cave
  • State Trout Hatchery
  • Devils Kitchen
I had run this on my own last November and finished in 3:38 with only a minute or two of stopped time, for a 4.7-mph average.  This time, I again managed a 3:38 moving but slightly more stopped time, for a 4.6-mph average.

The big difference was last year I completed through the "Mile of Ledges" averaging 4.5-mph, and this year I was down to 4.3-mph.  So, I ran the last 10 - 12 miles faster this time.


And, from the archives...

DAR to Bullitt Reservation Marathon
October 9th, 2013 - Goshen & Ashfield, Massachusetts

The DAR Marathon (Daughter's of the American Revolution).

Tippi and I ran a DAR State Forest Marathon today in 6:10:00.  This was my 52nd completed marathon, and Tippi's 17th.  

We began in Goshen, at the Daughter's of American Revolution State Forest, and ran out to Bullitt Reservation, and back.  We enjoyed views from Chapel Ledge and Chapel Falls.

Tippi looking off Chapel Ledge.

Tippi on Chapel Ledge.

Chapel Falls.

Chapel Falls.

Tippi cooling off in a pool at Chapel Falls.