Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Rock & Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck passed away yesterday (January 10, 2023) - DL is a big fan.


I've always enjoyed the Yardbirds, especially the albums Jeff Beck played on.

I consider myself a fan as well...

As far as "solo" albums go, my two favorites of Jeff Beck are:

  • "Truth" and "Beck, Bogert and Appice"

I rate both "A+", and get as much of a kick listening to them as I originally did so many years ago.

1968's "Truth"


1. "Shapes of Things"
2. "Let Me Love You"
3. "Morning Dew"
4. "You Shook Me"
5. "Ol' Man River"

1. "Greensleeves"
2. "Rock My Plimsoul"
3. "Beck's Bolero"
4. "Blues Deluxe"
5. "I Ain't Superstitious"

Jeff Beck – Guitars
Rod Stewart – Vocals
Ron Wood – Bass
Micky Waller – Drums

Additional credited personnel
  • John Paul Jones 
  • Nicky Hopkins
  • Keith Moon 
  • Aynsley Dunbar
  • Jimmy Page
and, most likely my absolute favorite:

1973's "Beck, Bogert & Appice"


1. "Black Cat Moan"
2. "Lady"
3. "Oh to Love You"
4. "Superstition"

5. "Sweet Sweet Surrender"
6. "Why Should I Care"
7. "Lose Myself with You"
8. "Livin' Alone"
9. "I'm So Proud"

Jeff Beck – Guitars, Lead Vocals on "Black Cat Moan"
Tim Bogert – Bass, Lead Vocals ("Superstition", "Why Should I Care", "Lose Myself with You")
Carmine Appice – Drums, Lead Vocals ("Lady", "Oh to Love You", "Sweet Sweet Surender", "Livin' Alone", "I'm So Proud")

Additional credited personnel

Jimmy Greenspoon – piano on "Sweet Sweet Surrender"
Duane Hitchings – piano and Mellotron on "Oh to Love You"
Danny Hutton – background vocals on "Sweet Sweet Surrender"