Monday, March 4, 2024

Weekly drive to Adams for a visit with the folks.

Early on I stopped in Windsor at Notchview Reservation to complete a 2.2-mile jog on Hume Road and Hume Brook Trail before the final destination in Adams.

Had a great visit with my folks including DL's homemade macaroni and cheese, with Kielbasa slices from Perkarski's.

On the drive home, I stopped in Cummington to explore the snowmobile trail from Route 9 toward Dodwell's Road (which I had been on once before, with Tippi, on February 25, 2008).  

I managed another 2.7-miles round trip, but came up short on completing the route to Dodwell.

The snowmobile trail was lost at roughly the high point of land, in a meadow that was fairly grown in with briars.

Looks like I will need to try again and look at the Dodwell entry point, but with the two combined efforts I managed 4.9-miles of jogging through some awesome woods.