Tuesday, May 14, 2024

On the drive to Williamstown to visit my Mom, I stopped off on Tower Road in Charlemont (just east of the Hail to the Sunrise Monument) to explore a snowmobile path I have been thinking of for the better part of two decades.

It was a bit grown in at spots, but it was followable and ended on South Chickley Road in Hawley.

Walked the road back to the car, for 2.7-miles.

Visit with my Mom went well, she enjoyed a vanilla milkshake and we had some laughs.

I had to ask my Mom which home we lived in on Taft Street, where I spent the first 3 of 4 years of my life.  She recalled "#22".

On the way back to CT, I stopped on Route 2 (the Mohawk Trail) to walk a path above the railroad crossing and into the south end of Hawks Mountain I believe.  Just stretched the legs a little, getting in another 3/10's to give me 3-miles for the day.