Saturday, January 15, 2011

12th Annual Greylock Glen Snowshoe Race
January 15th, 2011 - Adams,  Massachusetts

Race Directing duties at another Greylock Glen Snowshoe Race at the Mount Greylock State Reservation, in the Adams Glen...

78 total finishers, with a 78th for me as I counted my flagging/marking time from early in the morning.  I wrote a bit about this one as follows:

"... We had our first Greylock Glen Snowshoe Race in ‘99. It was unofficial, as many of them were back then. We have held snowshoe races in the Glen each year since.

This one was special for me, because PH came out to visit us for a while. PH, my dad and I have spent hundreds of hours in the Glen and on Greylock together through the years. although PH isn’t able to get out as he once did, but there wouldn’t be Greylock Snowshoe Races if it weren’t for him.

He directed all the early events here, and the current course is what he had come up with a few years back after the beaver had taken over the north side.  I want to thank everyone for participating; I am honored to have shared this day with all of you, your spirit made it worthy!"

Once it was over, Tippi and I had 6.5-miles of snowshoeing on our legs.