Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Sunday, beautiful day with clear blue sky and temperatures approaching 80 degrees.  Wuzzam wanted Tunxis, and he wanted about 12-miles.  We managed 11.60.

Our thoughts through this run turned toward our dogs.  The little brook with all the cascades near the Balanced Rock has always been a favorite spot for Liddie, Tippi and Sam.  The one pool in particular, with a little bench on the side....  

Wuzzam asked me about trail racing, and if I ever think about entering a race again.  I thought about it a bit.  I've raced probably 300 events or more, but none in the last 5 or 6 years (honestly, I just don't remember).  I mentioned feeling as though in a race we follow the rhythm of the race, which is fun and fine.  But on our own, we can just follow the rhythm of the forest.  No one and nothing to distract us from the pace the woods wishes us to understand.  I like the idea of following the plan that the forest has for me.

Roberts Brook

Old Foundation
Balanced Rock