Saturday, April 29, 2017

Well, the day was supposed to get drier (less humid) and the chance of rain was supposed to lesson after 11:00 a.m.  I made my way to the Metacomet Trail at Route 20 in Granby, with a goal of running north to Phelps Road, Suffield, a total of 5-miles.  Then, I would turn-around and finish the ridge.

It was warm today, that high of 76-degrees that weather dot com promised me was 9-degrees off.  I finished easily enough, and even ran the return leg almost ten-minutes faster than the out.  But, I could feel soreness in my body as well...

Not included in my "running times" was a talk with Dr. Ed and his new (4-days with him) dog Bridgett.  Wonderful to catch up, and Bridgette is a wonderful dog.  Good for both Ed and Bridgette!

10-miles total, excellent run on along a comfortable, rocky route.

Also, my friend Wuzzam posted this video from April 29th, 2012 - five-years ago today, of our dogs Tippi and Sam playing at Tunxis State Forest - maybe Hurricane Brook.