Saturday, April 15, 2017

We had three birthdays to celebrate today (Tracy, Donnalee, and Otis) and Easter a day early.  Pop, JC and I also drove up to High Bridge to search for the Lead Mine.  Pop said he was last there 67 years ago, and we felt confident.

Pop and I found two cellar holes, and JC wandered up higher and found the mine for us.  On the way back, we spotted a large chunk of Chaga on a birch tree.  Total hike ended right at 2-miles, with two crossings of the Tophet Brook without any of us getting our feet wet (water is high & roaring now).  

1st Cellar Hole
 2nd Cellar Hole
 Low and Behold, the Lead Mine
JC on top of the Lead Mine
 Pop & JC at the Lead Mine
 JC & I at the Lead Mine
 Chaga on Birch close-up
 Chaga on Birch

Also, on this day in 1996, I was fortunate to run the 100th Boston Marathon. It was my 10th marathon completed, in a time of 3:24:14.