Tuesday, May 30, 2017

As the training improves, my fitness improves, and confidence grows.  The idea of a "marathon" is active in my mind.  My list for the near future is as follows, in alphabetical order:

2017 - 2020 Marathon Planning

Appalachian Trail  from Salisbury to Mt. Everett and back.

Ashfield Trails.

Bash Bish Falls and the South Taconic Trail.

Charlemont Trails & Berkshire East.

DAR State Forest.

Granville State Forest to Tunxis Trail thru to Satan's Kingdom.

Greylock Marathon. 

Hoosac Range.

Mahican Mohawk from Route 2 North Adams to Charlemont.

McLean Reservation including Holcomb Farm & possibly Enders.

Metacomet from Robinson State Park to Hueblin Tower.

Mohawk Trail State Forest, Negus, Monroe Bridge, and Monroe.

Nipmuck and Natchaug combo.

Robert Frost Trail from Mt. Toby to Wendell State Forest.

Shenipsit (Bald Mountain to Soapstone to Whitiker Woods).

Taconic Crest including the Snow Hole.

Yukon Ridge (Lenox, Pittsfield with BNRC trail).

 

Old Marathon News...

On this day in 2009, Wuzzam and I completed a McClean Reservation Marathon in roughly five hours.   This was my 39th marathon completed.  I recall it being a fairly easy day for us.