Sunday, May 28, 2017

On my way to visit my folks, I stopped off on Route 116 in Savoy, to run a loop through Windsor along Bush Road, Upper Road, Ridge Road, Middle Road, Windigo Road, and Bush Cemetery Road.  Totaled up at 4.8-miles.

One of the old sites passed by was Camp Windigo, which seems to have been demolished since my last visit.  Here is some old information detailing it's history.

Part of this run has been used in the past when we would complete a Whitcomb Summit to Windsor Jambs run, or when the Wuzzam and I completed the Dunbar-Whitcomb-Jambs Marathon on September 7th, 2014.  Beautiful area, old roads somewhat grown in, part of Windsor State Forest and the old Camp Windigo.

Took a few moments to admire the Bush Cemetery, established in 1798.  Ended the day with a wonderful visit with the folks in Adams.

A look at the cemetery gate and sign
 A view of the cemetery including the old Maples
 An interesting rock, what kind of shape do you make it out to be?


Also on this day in 1995 I completed my 6th marathon, Vermont City.  I finished in 3:08, and qualified for the 100th runnig of the Boston Marathon.