Friday, April 13, 2018

Back to the Skyline Loop including some of Hamden's Hills today, with temperatures climbing into the '70's.  Wuzzam was ready, and I fitted him with Tippi's old radio/gps collar so that I could "see" his progress on my Garmin Astro 320 (actually, this was in case he wandered at a turn, I'd be able to see it).

I guess that I was so worried about Wuzzam that I missed a turn at around 6/10 of a mile and put an additional 3/10 on the run.  Other than that, we did really well, and Wuzzam found his way.  I cut briars around mile 6, which will be a big benefit as the year moves on, and we hopefully continue working on this course.

The climb up Pine is really a brute;  I took the more "right" path this time, and it looks to be a little longer and no easier.  At the end of the day, I had run 1:49 for 8-miles, which was a huge improvement from last week's 2:10 for 7.7-miles.  I'll take it.

From the little spur on 880, looking east