Sunday, November 4, 2018

Took a drive to Hawley with Wuzzam, to put together the northern reach of Ashfield Trails.  I told him around 12-miles, but I knew it was going to be more.  We would attempt a run from Bear Swamp Reservation to the Mary Lyon Birthplace / Khandroling - The Land of the Dakinis.

I silently thought it would be around 14-miles, with some very long climbs.  We ended up taking the snowmobile trail bypass on the way back, which added a little mileage.  Everything was as I had remembered it regarding the paths.  Ended the day with a solid 15-miles, gps measured.  We did great and held up well considering we only had the fuel we drank along the way.

Wuzzam Climbing up Ridge Hill

Signage for Mary Lyon Birthplace & Khandroling - The Land of the Dakinis
  
Cellar Hole at Mary Lyon Site

Marker on rock designating Mary Lyon Birthplace

View from Bear Swamp Overlook


Also, on November 4th, 2000, I completed 33-miles in 6-hours at Watery Hill.  This was my 22nd completed marathon.