Friday, January 4, 2019

McLean after work, really nice day in the high forties and sunny.  Ran from Firetown Road to Simsbury Road along the Firetown Trail, totaled 3.6-miles for the day (Firetown from end-to-end measured out at 1.7-miles).

Wandered down the bank after the run to take in the Northgate Falls, which are always refreshing to observe.

Northgate Falls (at the bottom)

Northgate Falls

Northgate Falls, upstream from bottom


Old Marathon Reflections,  This day in 1997... 

Looking back in time, I completed my 13th marathon on this day in 1997.  It was the Grupa Dupa held at the Talcott Mountain State Park, home of the Hueblin Tower.  I believe Tony Weisgram and Janice Kuhl were the organizers of this "Fat Ass 50" type event.  I recall it consisted of loops up and around the tower, but I do not recall how many.  It was 50k, and I recorded a time of 5:11:13.