Saturday, January 30, 2021

I finally stopped at the Swan Preserve in Canton, right near the Canton/Granby/Simsbury border.

I have been passing by this little area each time I have driven out to Burlington to explore the Tunxis, and I kept thinking "... one of these days, I'll see how close these trails get to McLean's West Ledge Trail".

The map at the Kiosk, as well as the online available information, showed Red, Yellow and Blue Trails, with a bit of a possible extended trail to the west.  This would be the one I hoped would get me close to West Ledge.

The trails are very nice,  the property has some decent elevation within it, and there is a brook rambling by that needed to be crossed (on a solid bridge).

Excellent news, as when I was nearing my most north & west portion of the "Yellow" trail, I saw signage for T Cowles Trail (blazed white).  This is a long single-track that brought me incredibly close to the cut over to McLean's West Ledge.  Success!

The remainder of the run was just plain solid, and enjoyable.  Cold as the dickens, I didn't mind.

Ended the day with 5.1-miles.