Thursday, June 10, 2021

Drove out to County Road in the Town of Washington to pick up the Appalachian Trail where I had last left off at this location, back on May 18th.

Rambled out to the brook at 5.6-miles or so, and returned to total up 11.55-miles.

Excellent temperatures, low to mid '70's for the duration.  Only 43 miles from home.  Other than the quick climb in each direction of Bald Top, much of this section is merely rolling.  Great day.

Entry Point today

Swamp at West Branch Road Crossing

Bent Tree Limb

"...A Wizard Should Know Better"

Brook at Turnaround Point

Large Rock Slab

Large Rock Slab

Large Rock Slab

This has been a Great Marathon Day in my History!  

Two completed marathons on this day in my past!

In 2001, I completed my 25th marathon at Nipmuck, in 4:27:17.  

This was a 35th place, and my 5th completed Nipmuck.

Then, on this day in 2012, Wuzzam, Tippi and I completed a Tunxis Marathon in 6:26:10.  

This was my 47th Marathon, and Tippi's 16th.