Friday, June 10, 2016

A scheduled day off work afforded me the opportunity to get in a run along the Metacomet Trail, from Route 20 in East Granby, Connecticut.  Later on, Donnalee and I drove to the Berkshires to visit my folks.

It felt good to get out and run again, I am in the middle of antibiotic treatment for lyme.  So far so good.   The air has been very cool, and the leaf cover and early start kept the sun off me.

A view just under a mile out, at Copper or Peak Mountain.  This view is south, with Hueblin Tower and Talcott Mountain in the distance.  About 5-miles away, about right between where this photo was taken and Hueblin, is the Farmington River in Tarriffville.

The Geodetic Survey Marker from USGS at the top of Copper Mountain.

A bit further out along the ridge, with a view below of Old Newgate Prison,

This birch really competed with or aligned with rock.


Additionally, this day has found me completing two marathons in my past.  In 2001, I completed my 23rd marathon at Nipmuck, in 4:27:17.  This was a 35th place, and my 5th completed Nipmuck.

Then, on this day in 2012, Wuzzam, Tippi and I completed a Tunxis Marathon in 6:26:10.  This was my 45th Marathon, and Tippi's 16th.