Sunday, June 19, 2016

On the trip to Adams to celebrate Father's Day, I detoured to Adams Road (Upper East Hoosac Street) in Savoy.  I wanted to check a snowmobile trail that would lead toward the old Marko Camp, above High Bridge and the Fritz Farm.

The Old Fritz Farm in 2003.

 View of Greylock from Fritz Farm, just above High Bridge.

The snowmobile path was short and not really necessary (there is the old road that acts as a driveway adjacent to the snowmobile path).  High Bridge was as awesome as always.  My last visit there was January 2003, with my dad and Paul.

High Bridge with Pop and Paul, January 2003.
 

This place really impresses me. The gorge and small falls are pretty awesome, right up with Windsor Jambs.  Out and back gave me 4.3-miles - I spent a bit of time looking for the "Lead Mine" but that will be for another day.

High Bridge in June 2016.

High Bridge in June 2016.

High Bridge in June 2016.