Saturday, August 19, 2017

I drove out to Penwood to see how I would react to some minor hills.  It was a good 5.5-mile run, and I felt as though I am at about 50% - 60% of normal fitness during this lyme disease flare up.

The run was tough but enjoyable;  what was really pretty neat was I was able to help a few folks out.
  • I gave an unopened bottle of gatorade to a group of three human - one dog, who were at the half-way point of their hike, and were out of water with 3-miles to go.  It was a warm humid mid-morning. 
  • Once I completed my loop, I was asked by a biker for use my cell-phone to call his lost cycling buddy, who was somewhere within Penwood but not where he was supposed to be.  Turns out the missing person was about a mile and a quarter away at Lake Louise, while we were at Wintonbury Road.
Open Ledge along Yellow Trail west of the New England Trail (aka Metacomet)