Sunday, August 27, 2017

Wuzzam talked me into running with him;  I was planning on going to Hawley alone just to see what my fitness level was, and see how I would hold up after the bout with Lyme.  As a bonus, Wuzzam promised to bring his son along....  a son who had never run over 7 or 8 miles before.

We took a really nice tour of Hawley, right around 13-miles as counted by the gps.  I felt pretty darn good throughout, and it would have been hard not too with temps being dry and only in the mid 60's for the duration.  An excellent day by all accounts.

A favorite of ours, the Hawley Kiln

Bert Wilson Gould Cellar Hole on Moody Spring Road

Stone Shelter at Moody Spring

Wuzzam sitting opposite Moody Spring

Wuzzam at Moody Spring

Camp Rock

From inside out, at the Kiln

Looking up from within the Kiln




Also on this day, I've had success completing marathons.  The first was in 2008 and the second was a year later in 2009.

In 2008, Tippi and finished Metacomet II, which began at Phelps Road in Suffield, and covered north to Route 57 and south to Route 20.  Running time of 5:32:00.  This was my 37th and Tippi's 13th completed marathon.

In 2009, Wuzzam joined Tippi and I at Tunxis II (South), which meant we ran from Route 219 to Satan's Kingdom, and also north to Roberts Brook I believe.  Our time was 6:04:44.  This was my 42nd and Tippi's 15th marathon.