Monday, September 25, 2017

In Memory...  Rest in Peace Dusty (August 28, 1986 - September 25, 2000).

Marathons Part I

It's been a while since I've been able to marathon, and I have been thinking about the challenge of the marathon a lot, as well as trying to prepare for another one.  I know that as I've tried to record the completed marathons I've done within this blog, I began to wonder which months have been "best" or most numerous verses month's that have lacked attempts.  Here are my findings:

January  2
February  3
March  0
April  2
May  4
June  13
July  3
August  5
September  9
October  7
November  4
December  0

June looks really prolific, with a really big help from the officially organized Nipmuck Marathon once being held in that month.  I completed eight Nipmuck's in June.

September isn't too shabby either, with nine finishes.  March and December have never had me attempt a marathon.
  • Road Marathons come at seven finishes, with none since Boston 1996.
  • Official Trail Race Marathons total twenty-one finishes.
  • Do It Yourself Marathon's come in with twenty-four finishes.