Thursday, January 18, 2024

Bands and Live Performances I've been a part of:

#12.

Not much left of the Primitives, Dong Show #4, Late 1984 or sometime very early 1985.

The show had been over, we all knew it, the magic was gone.  

Somehow, a few of the youth were convinced to embarrass and humiliate themselves once more while onstage in front of a hundred plus audience.

Of the original Primitives, only Rollo and I were willing to show that we just didn't give a darn.

Recorded a drum track the day of the event with Skip, we got onstage and made stuff up.  

Resorted to lyrics from Independence Day, which had been written regarding a bad July 4th experience.

At the end of the day, we had won a few dollars.  I can't even recall what other acts were involved.

Independence Day, Fourth of July

Recorded Drums off a Music Box

"Dang Ditty Ditty" Chorus

Borrowed Material from Tom Tom Club - 

"What You Gonna Do When You Get Outta Jail?"  

"I'm Gonna Have Some Fun".


Main Lyrics as follows:


Quarter Cent Beers and Shots of SC

I Can't Believe what's happened to Me

They say What's to Be Will Be

They Locked Me Up and Threw Away the Key


A.P.D.


Cuffed and Clubbed Me, Knocked Me Around

Stuck in a Cage Like a Dog at the Pound

Heads Ringing but I don't Hear a Sound

Something Like Jesus with a Thorn Crown


They'll  Let You Out if You Pay the Fee

I'm Sick of this Place and the Smell of Pee

Their Eyes are Wide Open Yet They Don't See

I'm Not a Criminal so let Me Free


A.P.D.


Quarter Cent Beers and Shots of SC

I Can't Believe what's happened to Me

They say What's to Be Will Be

They Locked Me Up while BM Walks Free