Friday, June 8, 2018

Another really decent day, and after physical therapy I drove to Tunxis State Forest to check on a side-trail I had viewed on my May 29th run.

After a short path to a view of Emmons Pond, I climbed from Hurricane Brook Road east to Pell Road.  These are ATV / Snowmobile trails most likely, and can be advantageous for my circled world theory.

I jogged north to the trail head I used on May 29th, which dropped down to the Hurricane Brook Shelter along the Tunxis Trail proper.  Having made that connection, I began back, but ventured off Pell Road into the woods on an old path.  It re-connected further south along Pell, but there is a trail heading east at the height of land.  An exploration for another day!

3-miles in virtual slow motion, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Emmon Pond

Emmon Pond

Emmon Pond

Large Rock Formation off Sidetrail to Pell