Saturday, June 30, 2018

An early trip to the Daughter's of American Revolution (DAR) State Forest in Goshen, Massachusetts to verify at least one trail I haven't been on.  The run began on a great note as a small fox crossed the road just as I started jogging.

I was able to locate the "new" trail fairly easily, and rambled through two that I haven't been on in a while.  All told, despite the warmth, I managed 10-miles on my legs.

At the end of my route, I re-visited the Lah-Zee Trail, which I first explored on December 3rd, 2017.  Still a good connector, but at the end of running 10-miles, the rocky section in the middle wasn't fun.

As I exited the trail onto the paved road, I was met by a pair of adult geese with four of their young.  They were not going to budge, so I made the wide path around them.  

Pool off Wing Hill Road

Impressive Stonewall running west on the Oak Hill Connector

Impressive Stonewall running east on the Oak Hill Connector

DAR's Balanced Rock

DAR's Balanced Rock

DAR's Balanced Rock

DAR's Balanced Rock

Beech Tree as expression of thoughts, along the Long Trail

Mass of Fern along Moose Run

Firetower at Moore Hill

Geese at my finish

Places to be as well


Also, on this day in 2006, I completed my 33rd marathon, Tunxis II.  This was the second time in 5-weeks that I marathoned along the Tunxis Trail...  this time, I used the southern portion down to Satan's Kingdom.  My time was 6:06:30, and I had Tippi along for company.  It was her 9th completed marathon.

Tippi on top of  Indian Council Caves, along the Tunxis.