Monday, August 27, 2018

Attended "Astronomy for Everyone" presented by Astronomer Kevin Manning at our local Senior Center, which is housing programs while our library remains closed (a longish story).  Excellent program from a knowledgeable speaker, I am glad I attended.


Also, on this day, I've had success completing marathons.  The first was in 2008 and the second was a year later in 2009.

In 2008, Tippi and I finished Metacomet II, which began at Phelps Road in Suffield, and covered north to Route 57 and south to Route 20.  Running time of 5:32:00.  This was my 37th and Tippi's 13th completed marathon.

In 2009, Wuzzam joined Tippi and I at Tunxis II (South), which meant we ran from Route 219 to Satan's Kingdom, and also north to Roberts Brook I believe.  Our time was 6:04:44.  This was my 42nd and Tippi's 15th marathon.