Sunday, April 7, 2019

After a morning of excellent progress regarding spring-cleaning, I ventured back to North Hollow to run along the west-side of Valley Brook.  This would tie up the section from Friday, when I made it through the east-side.  The water level is a bit high to cross without getting pretty soaked up to mid-calf, so a couple trips were in order.

All went very well, the route is just as I recalled.  It's pretty open from logging, so early morning or later in the afternoon would work best.

4.4-miles for the day, with the North Hollow to the Black Bear Crossing measuring 2.2-miles one-way.  At least that is how I remember it (I changed up the return a bit).


Black Bear Crossing

Looking Downstream, Valley Brook, at Black Bear Crossing

Old Foundation along the trail

Two Day Combo, April 5th & 7th