Saturday, June 1, 2019

It was back to the Northern Nipmuck today, since the weather report was basically awesome for being outdoors.  I would begin at Eastford Road, and Wuzzam was to begin at Boston Hollow Road, which placed me roughly 1.6-miles behind him for the start.  We synchronized to start at 9:00 a.m.

Considering our slight differences in age and pace, this seemed like a really awesome idea on our part.  It seemed as if there would be a really good chance for us to meet at the Bigelow Hollow turn-a-round, which was 8-miles for Wuzzam, and 9.6-miles for me.

As I was beginning my descent off Coye Hill, there was my running partner coming at me.  Outstanding, things were working as we thought.  The only thing was I was still a chunk behind him, and it took me until about three-miles to go to catch him.

We ran in together, with a solid 16-miles for Wuzzam, 17.5-miles for me.  On the short ride back to my car on Eastford Road, it was admitted by Wuzzam that he didn't start running at 9:00 a.m., but at 8:39 a.m. 

We will have to consider these distance and time distances moving forward so that we remain safe in the woods during long runs, and still end up finishing up together.

The day Begins on Eastford Road Crossing

Nipmuck Dave's famous stairs

Somewhat "Balanced" Rock along the Nipmuck Trail

Another angle of a "Balanced" Rock

View from above Boston Hollow



And in the Old News Department...

On this day in 1997 I completed my 14th marathon - Nipmuck.  It was the 3rd time I completed Nipmuck, and my time was 4:31:44, good enough for 42nd place.

Also, on this day in 2013, I completed my 49th marathon - Hawley Berkshire East.  I had Wuzzam with me for this one, which was a real beast.  We had a total time on feet of 7:45:15, which was the longest either of have ever been on our feet moving through the forest.  It was most likely more than a marathon distance.  By several miles...  (or more).