Sunday, June 30, 2019

Out early to beat the expected rain, I drove to Agawam/Southwick to run the Metacomet from Route 57 to Provin Mountain - the old home of Channel 22 News.

I managed to complete the run just prior to some rain, totaled 3.5-miles.

Quarry on side-trail, looking north

Quarry on side-trail, view south

Fire Tower on Provin Mountain 

Fire Tower on Provin Mountain

Later in the afternoon, once the threat of rain had left the area, I peddled 10-miles around Hill Street Loop on the bike.

Also, on this day in 2006, I completed my 33rd marathon, Tunxis II.  This was the second time in 5-weeks that I marathoned along the Tunxis Trail...  this time, I used the southern portion down to Satan's Kingdom.  My time was 6:06:30, and I had Tippi along for company.  It was her 9th completed marathon.

Tippi on top of  Indian Council Caves, along the Tunxis.