Friday, July 9, 2021

I missed the Suffield Summer 5km Series at Bruce Park Monday night, but figured to run a "solo" / unofficial attempt after work tonight.

The rain from the Hurricane remnants finally let up, but the sun came out something fierce by 5:30 p.m. when I started.

I moved through the first loop well, feeling like I was "pushing it" but not red-lining.  I think my timer read something like 12:30 at the end of loop-one, which had me wondering.

Second loop felt a bit worse than the first, and at times I felt like I was crawling, but when I finished my timer had me completing the 5k in 25:20.  Fastest time yet, and 1:40 better than last Monday's race in the heat-wave.

Solo run on this course isn't terrible.  The fact that I have some race-times to base off, and running it goes by fairly quickly are bonuses.  I may be back.