Monday, July 12, 2021

It poured rain all early morning, but there was a break around noon so I explored Granville a bit.

I drove to Phelon Forest off North Lane, hoping to connect to my previous journey through this parcel back on  June 20th.

The wide-trails were deep pools of water, and most of the smaller single-track trails were streambeds.  It wasn't a great day to be in the woods, but for the time I was present it did not rain on me (that waited until I was back in the car).

The exploring covered 6.6-miles, soaking my shoes for the second straight day in these New England woods soaked with excess water from the past two weeks of steady rainfall.

There were good connections to the gas-line, and back out to North Lane on two-seperate paths.  A true single-track was the highlight of the run, leading from the gasline back to connect behind the tower (not viewable from the trail today (heavy fog/low visibility)).

Phelon Memorial Forest Sign

Balanced Rock at View

Another View Balanced Rock

Another View Balanced Rock

View northeast from Lookout

Perched Rock along stream on single-track