Sunday, August 27, 2023

Traveled out to Heath to see if I oould locate the connection on the Burnt Hill Catamount Trail to Catamount State Forest at the 3-Town Boundary Marker.

I didn't have great hope as someone placed a sticker on the Kiosk Map on Flagg Hill Road Trailhead stating that the trail was "under construction" or something similar.

Regardless, once at the marker, I saw nothing heading in the Catamount State Forest direction, so I continued on the path that existed.  Followed it to roughly the 3 mile point, and decided to turn around (it was roughly an hour with the last bit very slow due to downed trees and difficulty finding the trail).

Finalized the miles at 5.6.  Mentally recorded two options for the future, that do exist (old forest roads that hopefully get me somewhere I want to go).  I will be back!


Roadside Effigy at near Gould Road, Route 2

Looking off the first lookout on the Burnt Hills Catamount Trail

Slab underneath that first lookout, extends hundreds of feet


**********

Also, from the archives...

On this day I've finished two marathons...

In 2008, Tippi and I finished Metacomet II, which began at Phelps Road in Suffield, and covered north to Route 57 and south to Route 20.  Running time of 5:32:00.  This was my 39th and Tippi's 13th completed marathon.

In 2009, Wuzzam joined Tippi and I at Tunxis II (South), which meant we ran from Route 219 to Satan's Kingdom, and also north to Roberts Brook I believe.  Our time was 6:04:44.  This was my 44th and Tippi's 15th marathon.