Sunday, October 29, 2017

Heavy, pouring rain all day today, which is no surprise as the weather stations have predicted it correctly for several days now.

I drove out to McLean to run the 6.4-mile loop I've been doing as a sort of fast run.  This time, due to the conditions and a real lack of motivation for running in the rain, I ran counter-clockwise which is opposite of my normal direction on this route.  I imagine it was slow going, it certainly felt it although I didn't use a timer at all.

Looking at my yearly miles, I am at 856.1.  I had a goal this season of 1000-miles running, and I'm slightly ahead of pace.  This is rewarding for me to realize because I had two intervals of lyme disease and strep throat as well, which really threw some water on my fitness and training.  With nine-weeks left in the year, I have to average 16-miles per week to succeed at the 1000-mile goal.  So far so good.