Friday, February 9, 2018

I drove to Adams to see my parents today, which ended up as a wonderful visit.  It has been a while since I brought them donuts from Mrs. Murphy's (in Southwick), so that was my first order of business.

Around the half-way point, I stopped at DAR State Forest in Goshen, to get a short 3.4-mile snowshoe jog in.  Stuck to the roads as a snowmobile had thankfully broke trail (there was an inch crust on any unbroken snow, and snowshoers know how difficult it is to get any rhythm going in those conditions).  Saw the snowmobile take a turn east off Wing Hill Road up toward West Ridge, so I followed a nice loop up and down.

Enjoyed my time with my folks (and Otis), and while on the way back home I stopped at Angelina's in downtown Adams to bring a sandwich back for DL, and then one more stop at  Perkarski's in South Deerfield for some supplies.  

Old Cellar Hole along Wing Hill Road

Bent Tree Limb

Rogers Brook

Tilton Farm Sign

Meadow at Tilton Farm, Holyoke Range viewable in the "Notch"