Sunday, July 22, 2018

Visited Mt Tom Reservation early this morning in the pounding rain.  Wuzzam's knees took a beating on the descent off Mt Tom on Friday, so I wanted to check for alternative ways down to Whiting Street Reservoir.

I found what I was looking for at the north end of the reservoir, and then churned my way up the old road past the B-17 Memorial sight.  Just opposite the Memorial, there was a trail heading back south which "looked" correct for what I was hoping to accomplish.

The trail re-connected with the Metacomet, at a spot I recognized easily enough.  The next exploration will be to connect some of Mt Tom's trail network to Little Tom, and then get over to the B-17 Memorial Road.  I believe it will be possible both high and low, so I have some work to do in the future.

The rain stopped about half-way into the run, which ended up at 5.1-miles.