Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Continuing on the New England Trail (aka Metacomet Trail), this time from Old Holyoke Road in Westfield (I believe), just off Route 20, out to the turn-around spot from yesterday at Snake Peak.

I totaled 6.2-miles for the day, pretty enjoyable on a rocky, rugged route.  There are several nice lookouts, two old fire-towers still standing, and many side-trails if exploring was on someone's mind.

As my thought's drifted today, it became apparent that I've traveled the New England Trail (Metacomet) from Heublein Tower in Simsbury, at my southernmost effort, to Bay Road in Belchertown, just after the Holyoke Notch sections.  I am actually missing from north of the Westfield River to my starting point today, however.

First Fire-Tower of the day

View off an open peak

Second Fire-Tower of the day

Another View, Fire-Tower

Moss, Stone, and Flowers

Arriving at Snake Peak

Looking north from Snake Peak, Mt Tom in distance

Another view of Mt Tom in distance

Gravel Road for Communications Tower, Mystery Peak to the south