Monday, May 13, 2019

More connections of the circled-world today, along the New England Trail (Metacomet/Monadnock).  I wanted to park at Route 10/202 but I didn't see a designated parking area, and most of the shoulder was noticed "No Parking".

I drove into Holyoke Community College and found a grounds maintenance worker to ask "trail" directions from.  That was a success.

It was a fairly easy climb up the hill to rejoin the Metacomet at a point I ran through on May 4th.  Followed back down to Apremont Street where I turned around that day, and continued past McLean Reservoir out to Snake Peak.

The route remains nice, and I plan on continuing south.  I ended with 6.4-miles, which was a bit less than I had planned but I had lost about 30 or so minutes trying to find a place to park and begin.

Before driving home, I captured two Roadside Memorials located a mile or so apart on Route 202.  God Bless.

View south from Peak

View west from Peak

View north from Snake Peak

North-End of McLean Reservoir

Trail-Head at Holyoke Community College

Roadside Memorial, west of McLean Reservoir, Route 202

Roadside Memorial, east of McLean Reservoir, Route 202