Saturday, May 4, 2019

Still a lot of rain, and the ground is very saturated.  I decided I would run on a ridge trail, and I was looking for something different.  I chose to visit the Mt Tom area, but I ran south on the Metacomet Trail over the northern most East Mountain section.

This is a really nice section of trail.  I ran 4.5-miles out to the road just prior to Rt 202 I believe.  On the way back I took a minor shortcut to end with 8.3-miles for the day.

I somehow missed the balanced rock while running "out", but luckily I couldn't miss it on the way back in.  It was close to the old fire-tower site, directly on the trail basically.

There are many optional trails through this ridge, but the white blazes of the NET (New England Trail), or Metacomet Trail as normally referred, are plentiful.

Trail-Head area

View south from a peak

View south from same peak above

Fire-Tower

View south from a peak

View south from a peak

Balanced Rock

Balanced Rock

Balanced Rock