Sunday, October 25, 2020

Wuzzam, the Old Goat, and Hill-Billiage joined me for a Tour de Burlington along branches of the Tunxis Trail.  It ends up being a modified Tunxis Ultra Loop, with the two "out-and-backs" removed.  The wayz we do it, flowz better in a great big circle.

It was hard to figure what the distance would be, especially with removing a couple parts, but I got 17.5-miles on my gps.  We finished total time of 4:58 or so.

Great weather (dry, somewhat sunny, and 43-degrees).  Leaves were not too bad for the most part due to the heavy Mtn Bike usage on many of these trails.  The "High-Lights" were as follows:

  • The Wall
  • Hemenway Lookout
  • Mile of Ledges
  • Bear's Den
  • The Tory Cave
  • State Trout Hatchery
  • Devils Kitchen

Definitely a run I would like to do again.  Two water drops worked out just fine.

I have a series of photographs of some of the scrambling we did, mostly of Wuzzam, which I will post going forward over time.

Beginnings