Saturday, October 17, 2020

Mid-Morning run along Main Street, 3-miles.

In Memory...  Rest in Peace Tippi (August 2000 - October 17, 2016)

Four years ago today we said goodbye to Tippi.  She was a rescue we were blessed with for well over 16-years. She was my trail partner for somewhere between 15,000 and 20,000 miles (we didn't keep track), traveling together in the car all over Connecticut, New York, Vermont and Western Massachusetts to run in the woods we both loved so much.  Together we finished 17 marathons.  She could run all day, season didn't really matter.

Often, as DL and I drive home from Adams back to Connecticut, she will ask as we pass large forested areas "... did you and Tippi ever run through there?"  The answer is almost always "Yes".  We connected huge tracts of land in northwestern Massachusetts, the Valley, and much of north-central and western Connecticut.

I continue to think about Tippi everyday. Often on a hike or run, I come to a spot in the forest that helps me feel her presence.  The recent photograph below is one of those spots/times, along the Spruce Mountain Trail in Monroe, where my old dog's spirit overwhelmed me.


We love you Tips, rest easy girl.

Tippi, August 2000 - October 17th, 2016.