Saturday, July 15, 2017

A good chunk of time was spent this morning weeding our flower beds, which needed it.  I also slept later than usual, which was fantastic.  Mid afternoon was my time for a run, and due to the day getting away from me, I minimized drive-time and went to the Metacomet to stay close to home.

I was hoping for something in the 6-mile range, and I thought a really good turn-a-round spot would be the notch.  Turned out to be 2.9-miles from Route 20 to that point in the bottom of the two rises, so my thought worked.  Ended the day with a comfortable 5.8-miles, and a short drive to Old Newgate Prison and Copper Mine for a few photos (site is still closed, unfortunately).

A view of the Quarry in West Suffield from the Metacomet Ridge
 Open Ledge along the trail
 More open ledge trail
 Remains of Old Newgate Prison