Thursday, July 27, 2017

After Saturday's run to the Pine Cone, I decided the time was ripe to bushwhack from Enders State Forest up to the Cone.  It looked to be somewhere around a mile, and I had the waypoint on the gps so it would be fairly easy finding my way (as long as I could avoid heavy mountain laurel stands).

Heading up, I encountered an amazing ceremonial stone pile in the middle of nowhere, which I would commit to memory for the return trip.  It rained slightly, but the leaf coverage was pretty heavy so I managed to stay somewhat dry.  Made it to the end of Pine Cone easily enough, at around 1.2-miles.

Going down, I decided to keep a slightly straighter bearing on the stone-mound.  Worked fantastically, so I'll get out here in the early winter and place some flagging up for the connection of the circled world.

Once down to the stream, I followed the trail(s) to the south-side, crossed after the last falls, wobbled a bit further east before turning around and coming back on the north side of the stream.  Water over the falls was plentiful and loud!  Managed a total of 3.1-miles while having this fun.