Thursday, July 6, 2017

The next couple days are going to very busy at work, and we have family staying with us through Saturday, so a few days off running will be necessary.  

At the beginning of 2017, I was hoping to run one-thousand total miles this year.  I know from 1990 through about 2014 I covered between 1200 and 1500 miles annually.  But, the last few years have been in the 500-700 mile range.  So I made up a spreadsheet with a rough guide to get me to 1032-miles during 2017.

I projected a high end for weekly mileage at 30, and low at only 10-miles.  The 10-mile weeks were scheduled for the four-weeks in January, and the last week in December.  In between those dates, miles would grow in spring toward summer, and begin to dip again from late July to fall.

Last week was roughly the half-way point of our calendar, Six-months completed.  On June 30th, I had completed 488.9-miles, which was a Friday.  If I looked at the end of my 26th week (half-way point of the year), which brings me through July 2nd, I hit 502.1-miles.

My projected mileage to the July 2nd date (26th-week) was 457-miles, which has me with a little bit of a buffer.  So far, I am on-track!