Sunday, July 9, 2017

This was going to be a fantastic day weather wise, especially for July.  I wanted to run a ten-miler, without driving too far.  It came down to Shenipsit, Tunxis, Metacomet, or McLean.  No offense to the other spots, but Mclean has the best maintained trails and it isn't even close.

I parked on Canton Road, and ran a pretty large loop with only a little over 1/2-mile repeated.  In the repeat section's defense, it is one of my favorite trails anywhere.

This loop meant a bit of a shaded road section along Firetown, but it is a nice climb, and I did not see one car during my journey along it.  Visited the waterfall along the Westledge/Eddy trail intersection as a bonus.  Once finished I had 10.1-miles in 2:09:00 for a 4.7 mph average.  That was great, as the loop had 1,900' of climb and I felt really comfortable throughout.

 Falls off the Westledge Trail
 View of the Western Barndoor Hills