Monday, July 10, 2017

I visited as quiet a place as I know, Catamount State Forest in Colrain, Massachusetts.  I spent a decent amount of time hiking and running in this location during June & July of 2015, but haven't been back since.  It was as rewarding as I remember it.

I had a route picked out, and it ended up at 6.2-miles.  The stonewalls are many, as are the cellar holes.  There are many "features" throughout this forest.  I'll attempt to sort it all out as the summer rolls forward, but for now, here are a few special pictures to tie us over.

Marker on Stone from Earl H. McLeod
 View north of  McLeod Pond
 Large Foundation along the route
 Balanced Rock
 Another View of Balanced Rock
Yet Another View of Balanced Rock
 Site of First Flag raised over a school
Cave, from the outside
 Cave, inside looking out
 Roadside Memorial along Route 2