Wednesday, July 19, 2017

After work I drove to the Cathles Trail in Simsbury, adjacent to McLean Game Refuge Property along the West Ledge Trail.  I had been along this ridge once before, in April of 2010.  To my chagrin, I did not have my gps with me today, so no waypoints or tracks to place on a map.  I just have my memory.

Once I get some points on a map, I am hopeful to connect this with the Westledge Trail in McLean, as it will really expand the circled world.  Even if a "connection" becomes a bushwhack.

For the day, I rambled for 55-minutes, so I'll be ultra-conservative and call it 2.5-miles (it felt strange not to run with my gps...)

Waterfall on the Cathles Trail
Small Cave at the intersection of the Cathles and the Red Trail
 View of the Barndoor Hills in McLean off the Ridge